Wednesday 7 January 2009

Happy New Year

Hi again! I'm so excited that it's 2009 and I can't wait for all the fun things that will happen this year. Look, already two of my friends have sent me things they made:

Daniel made me a newspaper!

And so did Lisa!

Thank you so much Daniel and Lisa, I feel so special when I read these, it's like I'm famous! If you visit my website www.phaidon.com/nicholas, you can play games, color and write newspapers too- just like Lisa and Daniel did. My friends are so much fun!

So, my mum was telling me all about New Year's Resolutions today. She said at the beginning of every new year, you decide on a few things you want to better than you did last year. She said her resolutions are to learn how to make persimmon pudding and try to be nicer to our boring neighbors, the Billings. I told her I thought I was pretty terrific already, but then she got quite cross with me and told me to sit and think about it for awhile. I decided my resolutions would be to spend more time with my dog Rex (he's such a great dog!) and to try to be nicer to Cuthbert, even though he IS a huge sap. My mom says that those were a very good start and then she went off to go make dinner. I also decided to eat as much cake as I possibly could this year, but I kept that resolution secret because I bet mum won't like it very much-- so, shhh, don't tell! Did you make any resolutions this year?

Okay! Time for dinner!

Until next time,
Your buddy,

Nicholas

No comments: